When: Friday, October 7, 10 a.m. to 11 a.m.
Where: LMX 477
Are you looking to get involved? Build your academic and professional networks? Gain experience while serving your community?
The Annual General Meeting (AGM) of the EGSA-AÉDÉ is where the direction of the Association is set (in broad terms) for the upcoming academic year (2016-2017). Members commit to portfolios and standing committees. As a volunteer driven organization, we are always looking for new volunteers to help us fulfill our mission of building community for our student body at the Faculty of Education! There are lots of ways to contribute, including:
- Creating and promoting workshops for skills development
- Planning social events for your colleagues and classmates
- Proofreading, editing, or laying out the newsletter
- Advocating on behalf of students
- Supporting other students in their graduate school journey
- Managing the website and our social media presence
The AGM is also where elections are held for any vacant external representative positions.
Currently, the following external representative positions are available:
- Educational Policy Committee (1 graduate student)
- Educational Equity Committee (1 Anglophone graduate student, 1 Francophone graduate student)
- Management Committee for Educational Research Units (1 graduate student)
- Faculty Council (1 Francophone graduate student)
- CUPE 2626 Stewards’ Council (1 graduate student)
- The external representative shall make reasonable efforts to attend the meetings of the committee or council to which she was elected. If she is unable to attend a meeting, she shall inform the Association so that a replacement may be found.
- The external representative shall make reasonable efforts to attend the meetings of the Association Committee (“EGSA-AÉDÉ Meetings”) to report on the activities of the committee or council to which she was elected. If she is unable to attend, she shall provide her report to the chair so that it may be presented.
- To become a candidate for a position, interested members may nominate themselves or others for a position by e-mail to the chair or by a declaration during the position’s nomination period at the AGM
- Candidates shall have an amount of time designated by the chair to present themselves for a position. All candidates for the same position shall receive equal time to present.
- Candidates who are unable to be present for the AGM (“absentee candidate”) may submit a brief text to the chair, who shall present it to the AGM on the candidate’s behalf. If the chair is running against an absentee candidate, the text shall be read by another member present.
- Elections shall be conducted by secret ballot.
- In the case of an uncontested position, the vote shall be a Yes or No vote.
- In the case of a vote where no candidate has a majority, the lowest candidate shall be dropped from the ballot and the vote be retaken
N.B. If you have any questions regarding the positions below please email email@example.com.
- Association Committee Chair
- Administrative Officer
- Information Technology Officer
- Physical Resource Officer
- Program Representatives (M.Ed.; M.A.; Graduate Diploma; Ph.D.)
- Communication Officer
- Marketing and Social Media Officer
- Newsletter Editor
- The Journal Editor
- Academic Officer
- Academic team members
- Social Officer
- Social team members