Date: Thursday, September 27th, 2018 12 pm to 1 pm
Location: LMX 388
Language of Presentation: English and French
Presenters: Shelina Adatia, Zinat Goodarzi, Julie-Anne Turner
Are you struggling with the transition to grad school? Having trouble finding the resources you need? Wondering how to get a TA or RA position? Come to the first ever panel on Thriving in Graduate School, hosted by your colleagues in Masters and PhD programs on Thursday, Sept 27th, at 12 pm. Due to the sensitive nature of this workshop, this session will only be held in person and will not be audio recorded.
Thursday, September 20, 2018 3-5pm (LMX 388)
Are you looking to get involved? Build your academic and professional networks? Gain experience while serving your community? The Annual General Meeting (AGM) of the EGSA-AÉDÉ is where the direction of the Association is set (in broad terms) for the upcoming academic year (2017-2018). Members commit to portfolios and standing committees. As a volunteer driven organization, we are always looking for new volunteers to help us fulfill our mission of building community for our student body at the Faculty of Education! There are lots of ways to contribute, including:
- Creating and promoting workshops for skills development
- Planning social events for your colleagues and classmates
- Proofreading, editing, or laying out the newsletter
- Advocating on behalf of students
- Supporting other students in their graduate school journey
- Managing the website and our social media presence
The AGM is also where elections are held for any vacant external representative positions.
Currently, the following external representative positions are available:
- Educational Policy Committee (1 graduate student)
- Educational Equity Committee (1 Anglophone graduate student, 1 Francophone graduate student)
- Management Committee for Educational Research Units (1 graduate student)
- Faculty Council (1 Francophone graduate student)
- CUPE 2626 Stewards’ Council (1 graduate student)
Responsibilities of external representatives:
- The external representative shall make reasonable efforts to attend the meetings of the committee or council to which she was elected. If she is unable to attend a meeting, she shall inform the Association so that a replacement may be found.
- The external representative shall make reasonable efforts to attend the meetings of the Association Committee (“EGSA-AÉDÉ Meetings”) to report on the activities of the committee or council to which she was elected. If she is unable to attend, she shall provide her report to the chair so that it may be presented.
- To become a candidate for a position, interested members may nominate themselves or others for a position by e-mail to the chair or by a declaration during the position’s nomination period at the AGM
- Candidates shall have an amount of time designated by the chair to present themselves for a position. All candidates for the same position shall receive equal time to present.
- Candidates who are unable to be present for the AGM (“absentee candidate”) may submit a brief text to the chair, who shall present it to the AGM on the candidate’s behalf. If the chair is running against an absentee candidate, the text shall be read by another member present.
- Elections shall be conducted by secret ballot.
- In the case of an uncontested position, the vote shall be a Yes or No vote.
- In the case of a vote where no candidate has a majority, the lowest candidate shall be dropped from the ballot and the vote be retaken
- Association Committee Chair
- Administrative Officer
- Information Technology Officer
- Physical Resource Officer
- Program Representatives (M.Ed.; M.A.; Graduate Diploma; Ph.D.)
- Communication Officer
- Marketing and Social Media Officer
- Newsletter Editor
- The Journal Editor
- Academic Officer
- Academic team members
- Social Officer
- Social team members
If you have any questions regarding the positions please email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Dans le cadre des Journées franco-ontariennes 2018 de l’Université d’Ottawa se tiendra une matinée agrémentée de conférences sur la francophonie ontarienne, pour vous faire découvrir certains de ses aspects.
La Matinée-conférences sur l’Ontario français 2018 se tiendra le mardi 25 septembre 2018, de 8 h 30 à 13 h, à la salle 083 du pavillon Tabaret de l’Université d’Ottawa. Continue reading Matinée-conférences sur l’Ontario français 2018
Welcome back and orientation!
The EGSA-AÉDÉ’s Orientation Week has a number of activities planned to welcome both new and returning students.
All Faculty of Education graduate students are welcome to attend.
This is a great time to meet new students and catch up with your colleagues.
BBQ: Café Nostaligica
Tour: Start at the main entrance of LMX
Movie Night: LMX 477
Join the Academic Committee for a special summer meeting on Thursday, June 14th at 4:45 p.m. in the CRX lounge. We will discuss workshop ideas and plans for next year. Contact Shelina Adatia (email@example.com) for further details. Everyone is welcome!
Would you like to gain experience as a reviewer for an academic journal? As a graduate student, becoming a peer reviewer is a valuable opportunity to get an inside look at the academic publishing process.
The Jean-Paul Dionne Symposium (JPDS) Proceedings 2018 editorial team is looking for graduate students to join the review process for the second edition of the JPDS Proceedings.
We are looking for English, French, or Bilingual students to review the 2018 JPDS Proceeding submissions. Becoming a reviewer will not only familiarize you with the academic publishing process, but will also make a great addition to your academic accomplishments.