When: Friday, October 7, 10 a.m. to 11 a.m.
Where: LMX 477
Are you looking to get involved? Build your academic and professional networks? Gain experience while serving your community?
The Annual General Meeting (AGM) of the EGSA-AÉDÉ is where the direction of the Association is set (in broad terms) for the upcoming academic year (2016-2017). Members commit to portfolios and standing committees. As a volunteer driven organization, we are always looking for new volunteers to help us fulfill our mission of building community for our student body at the Faculty of Education! There are lots of ways to contribute, including:
- Creating and promoting workshops for skills development
- Planning social events for your colleagues and classmates
- Proofreading, editing, or laying out the newsletter
- Advocating on behalf of students
- Supporting other students in their graduate school journey
- Managing the website and our social media presence
The AGM is also where elections are held for any vacant external representative positions.
Currently, the following external representative positions are available:
- Educational Policy Committee (1 graduate student)
- Educational Equity Committee (1 Anglophone graduate student, 1 Francophone graduate student)
- Management Committee for Educational Research Units (1 graduate student)
- Faculty Council (1 Francophone graduate student)
- CUPE 2626 Stewards’ Council (1 graduate student)
Continue reading Annual General Meeting of the EGSA-AÉDÉ
Presenters: Dr. Richard Barwell & Dr. Nathalie Bélanger
Location: LMX 388 @ 13h00-15h00
Please join us for an afternoon workshop focused on working relationships between students and supervisors. This workshop will help supervisors and students alike explore their responsibilities and practice as researchers and collaborators. Through a series of activities and reflections, participants will be challenged to nurture and better understand the roles and relationship of thesis collaborations.
Refreshments will be provided thanks to support from the EGSA and the Graduate Student’s Office. A certificate of participation will be offered to attendees.
November 16th, 12:00pm-1:30pm, LMX 477
Presenting at conferences is a great way to meet people, share your work, get feedback, and enhance your CV. Writing your conference proposal can be intimidating, and for this reason the EGSA-AÉDÉ has organized a workshop with information, tips, and hands-on activities. If you have a working proposal, feel free to bring one! If not we will provide samples.
Please register at https://goo.gl/ukHIyw
Refreshments will be provided thanks to support from the EGSA-AÉDÉ and the Graduate Student’s Office. A certificate of participation will be offered to attendees.
The EGSA-AÉDÉ is pleased to announce the release the Spring 2015 issue (Vol. 4, No. 1) of le/the Journal presenting students’ diverse research through a variety of unique lenses of inquiry.
At this time, we invite all Faculty of Education graduate students to submit papers for the Winter 2015 edition. le/the Journal showcases the diversity and excellence of graduate student research at the Faculty of Education. Our publication relies on contributions from fellow graduate students, and we welcome your submissions, as well as your comments.
Please consider turning one of your course papers or conference abstracts into an article. Options include: submitting a short paper (2-7 pages), an extended abstract (2-4 pages) of current research, or a summary of recent conference presentation (2-4 pages). If you are submitting a synopsis of a presentation, please include information on the conference at which it was presented.
Please email submissions to the attention of “le/the Journal Editor-in-Chief” at email@example.com. For your information, you can access previous volumes of le/the Journal on the EGSA-AÉDÉ website www.egsa-aede.ca. Submissions are typeset with minimal proofreading; they are not peer reviewed, so we ask you to please proofread carefully prior to submission and follow APA style guidelines. Please include a short bio with your submission. The submission deadline for the upcoming edition is: December 15, 2015. We look forward to receiving your submissions and thank you for your continued support of le/the Journal.
The EGSA-AÉDÉ’s Orientation Working Group has a number of activities planned to welcome both new and returning students. All Faculty of Education graduate students are welcome to attend! This is a great time to meet new students and catch up with your colleagues.
|TUESDAY, SEPT. 8
- 4 p.m. (MNT 203) – Cake!
- 5 p.m. (MNT 203) – Faculty of Education Graduate Student Orientation
- 6:30 p.m. (Café Écolo) – Cocktail
|WEDNESDAY, SEPT. 9
- 7 p.m. (Café Nostalgica) – GSAÉD Trivia
- 8 p.m. (LMX 477) – Movie Night
|THURSDAY, SEPT. 10
- 11:30 a.m.-1 p.m. (LMX477) – Graduate Studies 101 (Lunch will be provided)
- 1:15 p.m. (LMX Lobby) – Orientation tour
- RSVP below
|FRIDAY, SEPT. 11
- 2 p.m. (LMX Lobby) – Scavenger Hunt
- 5 p.m. (LMX Lobby) – Dinner meetup at the Draft Pub (Sports Complex)
Continue reading Welcome back and orientation!
Skip to RSVP
Learn the basics of designing and printing research posters in this 1 hour workshop!
- How do I design a poster using Microsoft PowerPoint?
- What should be on my poster?
- Where do I get University of Ottawa logos and templates?
- How do I get my poster ready for printing?
- How much does printing cost?
- Where can I get it printed?
- How far in advance do I have to send it?
Time will be provided at the end of the workshop to work on your poster and ask questions
Please come prepared: You will need to bring a laptop with Microsoft PowerPoint already installed. You can choose to bring your own poster content or use sample content that will be provided.
This workshop is being offered in English. Seats are limited. Please RSVP below:
If you are interested in a French version of this workshop, please send your comments to firstname.lastname@example.org